Plant JTA (18 Months)
Veterinary JTA is a 15 month program run under CTEVT affiliation. Nepal being an agricultural country, its economy is predominantly dependent on agriculture and agro-based ventures. Over 65% of the total population of Nepal depends on agriculture. 42% of the GDP is tied up in agriculture sector. At present livestock contributes about 31% to the total AGDP of the country. Milk is by far the most important commodity of livestock with meat next. High productivity from animals and crops is possible only through genetic improvement of animals, scientific management with least cost and scientific cropping system with cost effective respectively and commercialization coverage.
Nepal Government has given high priority in agriculture sector. Most of the INGOs/NGOs are working in agro-livestock sectors. They need agro-veterinary technicians. CTEVT has been conducting annex program in most of the high schools and currently, Nepal Government is going to launch plus 2 levels for agro-vet technicians in academically potential high schools from class 9. For effective running these programs, agro-vet technicians are highly encouraged and demanded. Potential fields are available for veterinary clinical practice. Employment opportunity will be seen in GON, NARC, INGO/NGO, commercial bank/development bank viz, Nepal bank, ADB/N and abroad (opportunity to work in Israel).
Vet. JTA 18 Months)
Aim: The aim of the programme is to produce Livestock Production /Animal Health Junior Technical Assistant (JTA) to provide services to the people & livestock sector of country. At the end of their training they may go for job at government, non-government, private sector or own business.
- to keep livestock, poultry, fish as their own enterprise or they can go for job to the government semi government, privet or public sector
- to explain sign symptoms and preventive measures of common diseases of kept animals
- to produce hygienic milk, meat and other production from livestock, poultry and fish
- to cultivate fodder and grass for livestock
- to develop scheme for livestock enterprise
- to run livestock farm as a assistant